Top Level Colosseum Tour | Semi-Private
LivTours Top Level Colosseum Tour is a semi-private tour celebrating access to the 4th and 5th tier of the Colosseum that has opened only in recent years to the public for the first time in 40 years! LivTours is proud to offer you access to the top levels of the Colosseum, where you will not only get a spectacular view of this Eternal City, but you will also see how social class and status were key during ancient Roman times. The five tiers of the Colosseum were each reserved for a particular social class in society, and the arena was no exception to this hierarchy. Looking down to the arena floor, you will catch a glimpse of who would have been privileged enough to see the gory show of strength and bloodshed from just a few feet away. The ‘splatter section’ was reserved for an entitled few, find out who on your tour! This special tour is the perfect way to visit the Colosseum and visit all of its overground levels with views.
LivTours’s Top Level Colosseum Tour Gives you a glimpse into the history of gladiator fights, as well as an overview of what daily Roman life was like 2000 years ago. The unrivaled and stunning aerial views of the Colosseum and historical Rome make this tour worth every minute!
- Enjoy priority access to Colosseum & avoid the lines on this semi-private tour
- Hear of tales of pomp, gore and glory from over 2000 years ago with a top guide
- Enjoy exclusive access to Colosseum restricted top levels, closed for over 40 years
- Discover the stunning views of Rome from 15 stories high - from 3rd, 4th & 5th tiers
- Maximize your time in Rome with this express Colosseum tour highlights at each floor
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours’ expert guide will meet you and your semi-private group, of no more than six travelers, in front of this impressive historic icon, where you will enjoy priority access and go straight into the Colosseum, without having to wait on any long lines. Your expert guide will take you on a tour of all of the overground levels of the Colosseum, taking you throughout the various tiers and showing you just where every social class during ancient Rome once sat. As you make your way up to each of the five tiers, you will get to stop on each level and hear the stories of the gore which reigned in this ancient stadium. As you ascend to the different tiers, you will understand the amazing planning that went into the construction of Colosseum and the Gladiator fights, where the arena floor was covered in white sand both to soak up blood and create a stark contrast of colors for spectators below and above along the tiers. Just imagine what it was like 2000 years ago, in an age without tv, internet, or cameras, to see an animal you may have only heard of through folklore – tigers, lions, bears, leopards!
The Colosseum games and battles made for exciting drama and theatrics drawing crowds of 50,000 to 80,000 spectators per game in a city of one million people! Find out who exactly was given the opportunity to see these games first-hand. Every ancient Roman citizen was entitled to enter into the games free of charge, but equal access to the Colosseum games did not ensure equal seating rights!
As you access the first tier of the Colosseum with your LivTours guide, you will notice the Imperial Box, this is where the most powerful person of the Roman Empire would sit to watch the games – the Emperor! These were the prime seats to watch the game – the seats where one would smell the blood from the fights below. Going up to the next tier you would find the non-senatorial nobility and knights. And the third tier was reserved for the blue-collar workers, the plebeians. The fourth and fifth tiers were reserved seating for peasants and women, sadly at the time the lowest of the classes in Roman times.
LivTours travelers will get the exclusive privilege and see some of the most beautiful views of Rome.
- Skip the line Colosseum tickets
- Fully guided experience
- Exclusive access to top colosseum levels
- Full access to public areas
- The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (3rd, 4th and 5th tier) may be shared among other participants in the LivTours exclusive entry time slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum’s administration and security policy of that day in accordance with adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for a part of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- This tour does not have wheelchair accessibility.
- The Colosseum can accommodate a maximum of 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- In cases of heavy wind or rain, for safety reasons the Colosseum management may close all access to the top levels of the site. In such cases, your tour guide will provide a comprehensive tour of the public areas to ensure you still get the most from your visit.
- ALL participants are required to bring a valid form of id (i.e. passport, driver’s license, government ID) in order to enter restricted areas of the Colosseum. Photocopies are acceptable.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Must show Vaccination or Negative test for Italy & France ToursFor all France and Italy tours that include an indoor activity, a museum or an archeological park visit, it is now National Law in both countries, to present a covid-19 vaccination card OR negative covid-19 test result from the past 48 hrs accompanied by your personal ID to the local authorities for all adults over the age of 12. Lack of ability to present such documentation may result in loss of tour and funds lifting LivTours from all responsibilities.
Great tour, GREAT views!
"This tour was worth every penny. You get to go to the 3rd tier with fabulous views over not only the Coleseum and Roman Forum but also great views of all of Rome. Our group was made up of 6 people plus our guide, Rachel. She was so informative, enthusisatic and passionate about the history of ancient Rome and it brought it all to life for us. Unbelievable views. A great tour with a great guide. Would highly recommend."
Ronny - USA
By selecting BUY AS A GIFT, you can purchase this tour as a gift for someone you care for. You will receive a gift card voucher that then can be redeemed by the person/people who will enjoy the tour.Date and Time are values that cannot be selected at the moment. You will in fact receive a gift card voucher with instructions on how to redeem the tour and then select date and time.You can create a shopping cart with multiple tours as gift cards. You may not compose a shopping cart of gift cards and actual tours with date and time.This option can also be used as an opportunity to book a tour open-dated for yourself, in case you are still in the pre-planning phase of your trip.For more information please read here.