Old London Walking Tour with Cream Tea | Semi-Private Tour
Your Livtours Semi-Private Old London Walking Tour will weave you around the oldest buildings from the 2000-year-old Roman settlement to the towering modern skyscrapers of the financial capital of the world. Step back in time on your journey through a city torn apart by plague, the great fire, and the blitz and hear the stories of how this financial phoenix of a city always rises from the ashes. With small groups of under 6, follow an expert Londoner as they guide you through the center of a city that once ruled more than a ¼ of the world before stopping for the great British tradition of Afternoon Tea. Recharged and ready you will head onwards to explore more of what is known as the Square mile or to Londoners as simply the city.
This neighborhood is an architectural history book that spans two millennia, in the shadow of the towering skyscrapers of the modern city is a labyrinth of courtyards, alleyways, and medieval churches. Follow a local historian as they guide you through the streets of this fascinating city. Passing famous London landmarks such as Saint Paul’s Cathedral, destroyed 4 times and rebuilt after the great fire, Temple, a series of churches once run by the famous Knights Templar, and Her Majesties fortress The Tower of London.
- Uncover stories of London old and new at its beating heart, The City
- Discover the historic “Square mile” of the old City of London on this 3.5 hour tour
- Enjoy a deliciously traditional afternoon tea in London's historic center
- Benefit from local knowledge finding hidden gems tucked behind famous monuments
- Traverse over 2000 years worth of history as you cross the square mile West to East
- Take your time to enjoy the sights with your guide with group sizes under 6 people
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your Livtours Semi-Private Old London Walking Tour will start in the west of the historic ‘square mile’ before weaving your way past monument after monument until you reach the infamous Tower of London. It is hard to imagine today that the sprawling metropolis of London was once just a square mile north of the River Thames. Firmly established by the Romans in 50ad they built a series of defensive city walls around the outpost then known as Londinium, parts of these 2000-year-old walls can still be seen today. The city has since expanded through the area you will explore is still referred to as the City. Dwarfed by the glass towers of modern financial capital the old city is littered with reminders of London’s ancient past, Your local guide will lead you through bombed-out churches, cobbled courtyards, and side passages of yesteryear sharing the stories behind historic treasures unknown to most visitors.
Starting in an area known as a temple, your tour will take you past exciting and hidden sights such as the lesser-known Church of the Knights temple, the English headquarters of the mysterious medieval religious order violently betrayed and forced into obscurity in the 14th century. You’ll also pass the literary ale den, Ye Old Cheshire Cheese pub, favourite watering hole of Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, and many other great writers. Step inside churches destroyed by the firing inferno of the London Blitz dubbed the ‘Second great fire’ and admire the tenacity of Saint Pauls, a gallant survivor of the horrors of war. As well as living and breathing British history, your intimate small group semi-private tour will allow you to taste British tradition as you break up your adventure by enjoying the art of Afternoon Tea. Enjoy beautifully English scones and jam with a typical cup of tea to fortify yourself before heading Eastwards to learn more about the gripping and grisly Tower of London. This 3.5-hour tour is jam-packed with sights stories and something for all wanting to get to the heart of London old and new.
- St Clement Danes Church (from outside)
- Fleet Street
- Temple church (from outside)
- St Brides Church
- Great Fire Monument
- St Paul’s Cathedral (from outside)
- See damage from the Blitz of WW2
- River Thames views
- Tower Bridge views
- Richest square mile in the world
- Tea with fresh scones, jam & cream
- Fully guided experience
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.