Semi-Private Colosseum at Night Tour | Underground & Arena Floor Access
LivTours Colosseum at Night Tour with Underground & Arena Floor Access is one of the most photo-worthy tours you will take during your time in Rome. This semi-private tour is designed in such a way to make it a truly unique by offering exclusive access onto the arena, underground, and first-tier at night. LivTours close collaboration with the Colosseum allows you to enter into two restricted areas normally not open to the general public – the arena floor and the underground. Your LivTours expert guide will make history come alive on this evening tour of the biggest entertainment venue from Roman times!
The Colosseum at night takes you on an exclusive trip 2000 years into the past! Unlike the daytime tours, you will be entirely on your own in the Colosseum with only LivTours guides and groups. Freeing you from the daytime crowds and large tour groups. Your semi-private tour is limited to six people. By keeping it small, we aim to foster 100% comfort and personalization, making it easy to ask questions and speak directly with your guide enhancing your experience. This is a truly unique tour which is ideal if you are looking for a memorable experience while beating both the heat and the crowds of the Colosseum.
- Miss the crowds & the heat with an exclusive nighttime Colosseum semi-private tour
- Enjoy priority access to the Colosseum & 2 restricted areas with your LivTours guide
- Admire the spectacular Roman Forum and Imperial Forum in the glow of the evening
- Maximize your time in Rome with a semi-private group with no more than 6 people
- See a light show designed by top Roman theater lighting designers illuminate Roman ru
Semi-Private tours and experiences are guaranteed six participants max.
Our prices always include tickets and reservations fees (no waiting in lines!)
Our tour guides and staff are selected experts and speak perfect English
Easy to book and prepay your tours with our secure payment system
Eco-sustainable tourism, designed to respect and support local culture, art and traditions
Your LivTours Semi-Private Colosseum at Night Tour with Underground & Arena Floor Access begins when you meet your guide and fellow travelers at the bottom of the steps of Piazza del Campidoglio. This centrally located meeting point offers spectacular views. After introducing themselves, your guide will give you an introduction to the tour, and a quick walk later, you will be outside the oldest public museum in the world – the Capitoline Museums. Here is where you can find the replica of the Statue of Marcus Aurelius on his horse which is an impressive 14 feet tall. In the evening, this piazza comes to life with the subtle glow of the street lighting of this eternally beautiful city. Just around the corner, you will find the Roman Forum and Caesar’s Forum offering a view that is sure to leave a lasting impression. Get your cameras ready as the golden evenings in Rome give this gorgeous capital city the perfect glow. Your guide will lead you and your small group towards the Colosseum. Keep your eyes open for the glimpses of a light show which displays along the walls of the Augustus Forum and Trajan Forum. This light show was created by some of the most prominent Roman theater lighting designers.
Enjoy the luxury of LivTours VIP night entrance into the, now calm, Colosseum. Once inside the Colosseum, you will get to enjoy two areas that are otherwise closed to the public as your assigned custodian opens restricted gates exclusively for this tour.
Your first stop will be the Colosseum arena – stand in the very place where gladiators once fought their final battle. Imagine yourself standing on the very arena floor with only a limited LivTours groups in sight. Enjoy the special moment without the crowds.
Now it is time for you to head underground and visit the Colosseum dungeons – this is another restricted Colosseum area that once was filled with cages and even mechanical elevators, gladiator rooms, and prisons. Here is where the battle tales you have only read about really come to life – this time by moonlight!
This is the perfect tour for travelers who want to see the Colosseum at its best during the evening hours.
- Piazza Venezia
- Capitoline Hill
- Roman Forum Views
- Imperial Forum Views
- Via dei Fori Imperiali
- Exclusive Colosseum Night Entry
- Arena & Underground access
- 1st Tier of the Colosseum
- SAFETY NOTES ABOUT UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the LivItaly exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum’s administration and security policy of that day in accordance with adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: In extreme weather conditions, parts of the restricted areas may be closed for safety reasons by the Colosseum administration. LivItaly’s tour will always run, and itinerary will adjust accordingly to the weather therefore no refunds will be granted for reasons out of LivItaly’s control.
- Due to these unprecedented times and ongoing safety and regulation changes, some sites may have limited accessibility if the venue can not guarantee social distancing which may lead to unforeseen tour modifications. Thank you for your understanding.
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and always has been based on sustainable travel and especially in these new times, we are proud to be at the forefront of the innovation, changes, and challenges that are presented to us during this post-pandemic time. At the moment, due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the museums and sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask while on the site. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age.
All LivTours Semi-Private Group Tours are limited to 6 guests per tour guide. Our commitment to maintaining our uniquely tiny group sizes can sometimes be a little tricky, mathematically speaking. For example, we want to ensure that traveling families and friends can tour together so on rare occasions we may add one or two guests in order to not split groups. On that same note, you may also find yourself on tour with less than six people! We thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
Covid-19All of our tours and experiences are in compliance with the latest local Covid-19 safety protocols.
Great way to see the Colosseum
"We booked the Colosseum Underground Small-Group Night Tour. Giulia was our guide and she was excellent. I highly recommend this tour. Being at Colosseum in the evening when it wasn't crowded was great and we got to take some awesome pictures. Brought home lifetime memories."
Jessica - Australia
"Laura S our guide was pleasant, knowledgable, engaging and fun. Despite the rainy weather and the crowds, she was able to navigate the challenges without difficulty and make sure that we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. She helped bring Ancient Rome to life for us. We were thrilled to have been booked with her through Livitaly."
Rhoda - Isreal
"This tour is amazing!! It is intimate with only 6 people so you don’t get lost in the sauce like the other groups we saw. Louise is an amazing tour guide! Her passion, zeal, and knowledge are top notch and you can feel that when she is speaking. She is friendly and engaging and made Rome come alive!! Thank you so much Livitaly and Louise for making our 1st evening in Rome amazing!!! Definitely recommend this tour company and Louise if you really want to experience Rome and its riches to their fullest potential!!"
Ingrid - Netherlands